From a tourist's point of view, Invercargill has many shops, lively bars, and restaurants that will make your stay exciting. There are plenty of Victorian, Edwardian and Art Deco heritage buildings for someone interested in art and heritage. There is also an array of Oreti Beach, to the native wonders of Waituna Wetlands and Omaui for people who love a walk by the beach.
Invercargil also has an excellent opportunity for cycle lovers who would love to take a ride at the SIT Zero Fees Velodrome or discover the classic vintage truck collection at Bill Richardson Transport World.
Some of the activities in Invercargill could be:
- Visit Southland Museum and Art Gallery -Tuataras and Burt Munro exhibition.
- Visit the gardens at Queens Park, feed the ducks, look at the bird aviary, coffee at the kiosk. Shopping in the city centre.
- Have a coffee at the world’s southernmost Starbucks. Visit local art galleries – City Gallery, Gallery 55 and Anderson Park.
- Take a trip out to Oreti Beach, the place where the legendary Burt Munro practised his world breaking feats on his Indian.
- See Burt’s bike on display at E Hayes
- Play golf at one of Invercargill’s top class golf courses. Invercargill has the most southernmost links course in the World.
- Take a bush walk at Seaward Bush only minutes from Beersheba.
- Take a tour of the Tiwai Aluminium Smelter.